Marine insurance covers the loss or damage of ships, cargo, terminals, and any transport or cargo by which property is transferred, acquired, or held between the points of origin and final destination.

Although the above description is as broad as it is wide Marine Insurance covers all manner of things related to marine activity and is not only about large cargo ships, terminals and frieght ships. Sailing clubs for example can be considered part of marine activity and therefore covered under marine insurance. Boat owners boat builders or anyone that participates in water related activity (relaxing during the weekend on a Lake in a RIB) and would like more information on marine insurance should contact a specialist marine insurance broker. British independent marine insurance brokers IRCM are always a good place to get a fully comprehensive quote for your marine business or vessel. Is there a difference between boat and vessel?

For comprehensive boat insurance from a small dinghy to a large luxury yacht, it is advised to seek advice from at least three independent marine insurance brokers. Insuring your boat can be simple, fast and cost effective if you have at least three marine insurance contacts that can answer any questions on the spot.

Marine insurance is more than just boat insurance so make sure you are familiar with some of the key points.

Things To Know About Renewing Your Boat Insurance – Before Contacting A Marine Broker.

‘Do I need boat insurance?’ is the question that many UK boat owners battle with – no matter how passionate they are about boating. And while it’s true that this is only another expense, it’s definitely one worth paying attention to.

Renewing your boat insurance in the UK is important – and there are some considerations you should know before doing it. See the main boat insurance points here